Re-provisioning a phone is required if your phone is not working properly, if you want to change the extension that is currently on the device or if your phone is currently using another phone company and you want to be a Peerlogic Inc user. To start this process, it is necessary to do a factory reset to the device and after that, it can get the new configuration.
Doing a Factory reset to the device
Please follow the steps below to do a factory reset on your Grandstream GXP-2170
1. On your device, press and hold the circle button.
2. Select the "System" icon.
3. On the drop menu, find the "Factory Reset" label. Press "Select", and then "YES".
4. Wait until the phone reboot.
Getting the IP address from your phone
Once the phone is up again, you will need the IP address of your phone to get access to it using a computer or laptop that is on the same network as your phone.
To know the IP address, please follow the steps below:
1. On the phone, press the circle button.
2. Select the "Status" icon.
3. Find the IPv4 Address tab.
Adding the Server URL to your phone
1. Type "HTTP://" and the phone IP address that you found on your browser of preference. Sometimes, the browser detects the IP as a risk, please click on the "Advanced" button and click on "Proceed to 172.16.0.yourdevice(unsafe)".
2. A new tab will pop up. Type the username and the password as follows:
3. On the "MAINTENANCE" tab, select "Upgrade and Provisioning".
4. Look for the "Config" section. On the Config Upgrade Via select HTTP, then, on the Config Server Path paste the following
Note: make sure you do not have any spaces at the beginning or end of the link.
5. On the bottom of your screen, click on "Save and Apply".
6. On the top of your screen, click on "Reboot".
7. A new pop-up will alert you about the changes you have done. Click on "OK".
8. The phone is going to reboot once more time. When it is ready it should show the extension number in green.